Aunt Sandy's Lemon Poppy Seed Bars
- mixing bowl
- 13 x 9 inch baking pan
- stiff spoon or whisk
- 1 cup Aunt Sandy's 10x Cannabutter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup lemon curd (prepared and sold in glass jars)
Drizzle lemon-flavored White Frosting on each bar.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cannabutter and sugars until they are creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the lemon curd to the batter and mix well.
- Spread evenly in the greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a baking rack.
- Cut into 24 pieces in a 4 by 6 pattern.
- Store in an airtight food storage container or food storage bags.
Shelf life is five to seven days at room temperature, seven to ten days in the refrigerator, or three-plus months in the freezer.