Aunt Sandy's Sweet Pear Tamales
- large mixer bowl
- steamer basket
- large pot with a lid
- large bowl
- 8 large dried corn husks
- ½ cup Aunt Sandy's 10x Cannabutter softened
- 2 cups masa flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups pear nectar
- 2 firm but ripe pears, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Place corn husks in a large bowl of hot water. Place a plate on top to keep them submerged. Let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Beat all remaining ingredients, except pear nectar and pears, in a large mixer bowl.
- Slowly beat in pear nectar, adding enough to make a fluffy masa dough, stir in pears.
- Drain husks and pat dry.
- Spread equal amounts of the masa dough down the center of each. Fold in the sides, then the pointed end of each husk.
- Place open side up in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket.
- Cover and steam for 1 hour.
- Best served immediately. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of brown sugar.