Aunt Sandy's Scalloped Potatoes
- 13x9 inch glass baking dish, saucepan
- ¼ cup Aunt Sandy's 10x Cannabutter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped thinly
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Spray 13x9 inch glass baking dish with oil to create crispy edges.
- Layer one third of the potatoes in baking dish and sprinkle with one third of the chopped onions.
- Keep layering until the dish is full.
- To make the sauce (also called bechamel) melt the cannabutter in a medium saucepan until it is hot.
- Add flour slowly stirring constantly until blended.
- Continue to cook over medium to low heat, stirring constantly until flour and butter blend to form a brown color.
- Add milk slowly, whisking the whole time until it is a smooth, slightly thickened texture.
- Pour over the potato and onion mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap; then cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 80 minutes until golden brown.
- When knife easily cuts through the potatoes, they are done.
- Serve immediately.