Salmon Roasted in Butter
4 to 6 servings
- chopping board
- roasting pan
- 4 tablespoons cannabutter
- 4 tablespoons minced chervil, parsley or dill
- 1 salmon fillet, 1 ½ to 2 pounds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 475º. Place the cannabutter and half the herb in a roasting pan just large enough to fit the salmon and place it in the oven.
- Heat for about 5 minutes, until the butter melts and the herb begins to sizzle.
- Add the salmon to the pan, skin side up. Roast for 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, then peel the skin off. (If the skin does not lift right off, cook 2 minutes longer.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and turn the fillet over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper again.
- Roast 3 to 5 minutes more, depending on the thickness of the fillet and the degree of doneness you prefer.
- Cut into serving portions, spoon a little of the butter over each and garnish with the remaining herb.
- Serve with lemon wedges.