- baking sheet pan
- scoop or large spoon
- large soup pot with lid
- ¼ cup Aunt Sandy's 10x Cannabutter
- 2 pounds pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup vermouth or dry sherry (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- If using fresh pumpkin, rinse the shell well and scoop and slice it in half crosswise. Scoop out seeds and strings. Place the two halves flesh side down on a baking sheet and bake for one hour or until pumpkin is fork tender. Scoop out flesh and puree in a blender. You ya need to add a little olive oil to help blend.
- In a large soup pot, saute the onions in a tablespoon of the cannabutter over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the vegetable stock. (Add optional vermouth or sherry at this time).
- Cover the pot and reduce heat. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Cook a little longer if using canned puree.
- Add ginger, nutmeg, and pepper and stir in.
- Combing the egg yolks and the cream. Spoon a little hot soup into the egg-cream mixture to prevent curdling. Add this mixture to the soup and stir.
- Continue heating the soup on low heat. Be sure to not let if boil.
- Serve warm.