Cannamaca Roni & Cheese
8 to 12 servings
- 13 X 9-inch baking pan or large casserole dish
- kitchen spoon
- 1 tablespoon of Aunt Sandy's 10x Cannabutter to grease the pan
- 1 pound elbow cooked macaroni (use package instructions)
- 3 ¼ cups half and half or whole milk
- 18-20 slices of American or Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 12 buttery crackers
- Salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 13 X 9-inch baking pan or a large casserole dish with cannabutter.
- Spoon about a third of the cooked macaroni into the pan.
- Pour in 1 cup of the half and half or milk.
- Cover the macaroni with 4 to 6 slices of cheese
- Add two more layers of pasta, milk, and cheese.
- Add small pieces of butter across the top.
- Place the crackers in a sealable plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin for crumb topping.
- Mix in the salt, pepper and paprika with the crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the pasta and cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until bubbly and browning on top.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
For more kick, use residual cannabutter water to cook macaroni. If you don't use the residual cannabutter water, add cannabutter to the macaroni cooking water.