Cannabis-infused Recipe: Lemony Hummus Dip
October 5, 2021 | By "Aunt Sandy" Moriarty
Share This Article:
Aunt Sandy's Lemony Hummus Dip
- small saucepan
- 1 cup Aunt Sandy's Cannabis Oil
- 4 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ½ ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cold water
- In a small saucepan, mix ⅓ cup of the cannabis oil with the garlic and cumin.
- Simmer on low heat until the garlic softens. It takes about 3 minutes after you see it sizzling. Don't let the garlic brown.
- Let the garlic and oil cool completely.
- Put the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce and salt in a blender. Add the cooled, softened garlic and blend well.
- Slowly pour (infuse) the remaining oils into the mixture and continue to blend.
- Add the water and blend again, until the mixture is creamy.
- Add more salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Let it stand for at least an hour so the flavors can congeal.
- Serve at room temperature with a variety of raw vegetables: fennel, celery, carrots, green onions, cucumbers, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.