Cannabis-infused Recipe: Gumbo
December 7, 2021 | By "Aunt Sandy" Moriarty
Share This Article:
Aunt Sandy's Cannabis Gumbo
- mixing bowl
- baking pan
- 6-quart pot
- mixing bowl
- 1 cup Aunt Sandy's 10x Cannabutter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasonings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- ½ pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 cups water
- In a bowl, mix the flour, paprika, thyme, Old Bay seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Place in a baking pan and bake about 30 minutes, stirring often, until it turns a brown color. Set to the side.
- Add the chicken stock to a 6-quart pot with the smoked sausage, onions, bell peppers and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take the baked spice mixture and put it in a mixing bowl. Stir in a cup or more of water until it has the consistency of a smooth paste.
- Slowly add the paste to the pot with chicken stock, stirring occasionally over low heat.
- Add the chicken, shrimp, cannabutter.
- Cook on a medium low heat for 2 hours. The sauce will thicken over time.
- Serve over regular rice or try it with Green Rice.