Cannabis-infused Recipe: Creamy Zucchini Soup
October 26, 2021 | By "Aunt Sandy" Moriarty
Share This Article:
Aunt Sandy's Creamy Zucchini Soup
- large saucepan
- fine mesh
- large strainer
- large bowl
- ¼ cup loosely packed cannabis leaves (about 20 leaves) washed and stemmed, plus 6 more for a garnish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 leek, well rinsed and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream, plus more for a garnish
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it looks translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook another 2 minutes.
- Then add chicken broth and fresh cannabis leaves
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Pour the soup into blender and puree on high.
- Pour soup through a strainer into a bowl, using a masher or hard spoon to push any lumps through.
- Add the creme fraiche and chili powder and stir.
- Add salt to taste.
- Divide soup into bowls and garnish with a dollop of creme fraiche, a sprinkle of chili powder and a cannabis leaf.
- Serve warm.
Store in an airtight container. Freezing is fine.