Aunt Sandy's Cioppino
- large soup pot
- soup tureen
- ½ cup Aunt Sandy's 10x Cannabutter
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 large onions, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 pounds fillet sea bass
- 3 pounds halibut or cod
- 1 pound scallops
- 2 dozen clams or mussels in the shell
- 2 pounds cracked crab in the shell
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot and saute the onions for ten minutes.
- Add the garlic, wine, parsley, basil, oregano, cayenne pepper, and cannabutter and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the tomatoes and the tomato sauce. Continue simmering over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Cut all the fish into bite-size pieces.
- Stir and add the fish pieces, shrimp, and scallops to the pot and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes. You may need to add additional wine or a bit of water if the sauce gets too thick.
- In a steamer, let the clams and mussels steam for 5-10 minutes until the shells open. Discard any that do not open. Add just before serving.
- Stir the soup well and ladle it into warmed bowls, leaving the clams and mussels in their shells.