Cannabis-infused Recipe: Braised Short Ribs & Egg Noodles
August 31, 2021 | By "Aunt Sandy" Moriarty
Share This Article:
Braised Short Ribs and Egg Noodles
4 ribs or 8 servings
- shallow dish or bowl
- large skillet
- aluminum foil
- stock pot
- ½ cup Aunt Sandy’s 10x Cannabutter
- 1 ½ pounds trimmed short ribs (4 ribs)
- 3 ¾ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup chopped carrot (1 large carrot)
- ½ cup chopped onion (1 small onion)
- 8 ounces sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 quarts and 2 ½ cups water
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- Sprinkle beef evenly with ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Coat the ribs with flour, rolling them in a shallow dish.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat the skillet.
- Place the beef ribs in the skillet and cook 4 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Add 2 ½ cups water and scrape the pan to loosen browned bits and bring it to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Beef should be fork tender.
- Remove beef from the pan to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove cooking liquid, and save it for later.
- Now heat the skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the carrots and onion and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and ½ teaspoon salt and the Cannabutter.
- Saute for 5 minute, stirring occasionally.