Aunt Sandy's Beef Bourguignon Stew
- saute pan
- baking dish
- 3 cups Aunt Sandy's 10x Cannabutter
- 12 small onions
- 2 lbs. of lean boneless stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- red wine
- ½ water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Add 2 cups of cannabutter to saute pan.
- Peel and add onions. Remove onions and set them aside.
- Add the stewing beef and saute until light brown.
- Sprinkle meat with flour.
- Place all ingredients, including onions, in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Add salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, garlic, and thyme.
- Add enough liquid to cover the meat, using a 3:4 ratio of red wine to water.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 hours.
- To make the stew liquid, add water, 1 cup of cannabutter, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms during the last hour of cooking.