Aunt Sandy's Red Beans and Rice
- large saucepan or pot with a lid
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Aunt Sandy's Cannabis Oil
- ½ fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- (2) 16oz cans of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a large saucepan cook onion, sweet pepper, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ¼ cup of cilantro, plus the oregano, cumin, and black pepper.
- Cook and stir for one minute.
- Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until liquid is thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve beans over rice and sprinkle with remaining cilantro.