Delaware Medical Marijuana
Share This Article:
- Terminal Illness
- Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV Positive)
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Decompensated Cirrhosis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS/Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Autism with aggressive behavior
- Chronic Debilitating Migraine
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following;
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Severe debilitating pain that has not responded to previously prescribed medication or surgical measure for more than three months, or for which other treatment options produced serious side effects.
- Intractable Nausea
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of Multiple Sclerosis.
Your physician MUST be licensed to practice in the state and must also have a bona fide relationship with the patient they are certifying for medical marijuana.
Marijuana Medicine Available
How long is my ID card valid?
Your registry ID card from the Medical Marijuana Program will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
Is my confidentiality protected when I apply and if I am approved for the use of medical marijuana?
Yes. The following information received and records kept by the Delaware Department of Health Medical Marijuana Program are subject to all applicable federal privacy laws. These records are confidential, are exempt from the Freedom of Information Act and are not subject to disclosure to any individual, public or private entity, except as necessary for authorized employees of the department to perform official duties for the Medical Marijuana Program.
How long does it take to process an application once I submit all of the paperwork?
Upon verification of the information contained in an application submitted, the Department shall approve or deny a complete application within 45 calendar days of receipt.
How much medical marijuana may I possess as a registered patient?
Patients are authorized to purchase three ounces of usable marijuana every 14 days, for a total of six ounces per month.
Will my insurance or Medicaid pay for my marijuana?
Contact your insurance provider or Medicaid official for an answer.