New Mexico Medical Marijuana

Share This Article:

The application for first time and returning patients is the same. Please complete the New and Returning Medical Cannabis Patient Application

and send it with a copy of your current New Mexico driver's license or

state identification card. Temporary New Mexico ID’s are accepted.

Patients must also include a medical record from their medical

practitioner that supports a qualifying diagnosis.

Qualifying Conditions

Alzheimer's Disease
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Anorexia (severe)/Cachexia
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Crohn's Disease
Damage to the Nervous Tissue of the Spinal Cord
Epilepsy/Seizure Disorder
Friedreich's Ataxia
Hepatitis C
Hospice Care
Huntington’s Disease
Inclusion Body Myositis
Inflammatory Autoimmune-mediated Arthritis
Intractable Nausea/Vomiting
Lewy Body Disease
Multiple Sclerosis
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Opioid Use Disorder
Painful Peripheral Neuropathy
Parkinson's Disease
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Severe Chronic Pain
Spasmodic Torticollis (Cervical Dystonia)
Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Ulcerative Colitis

Welcome to the Medical Cannabis Program

Whether you are a new or renewing patient, PLEASE READ the information below. There is important information about being a Medical Cannabis Patient in New Mexico and some things may have changed since you first became a patient.

Please check your patient ID card to make sure it is correct. If there are any mistakes, contact the office immediately at 505-827-2321.

Review the current list of dispensaries. Contact dispensaries before going there for the first time. Ask if there is anything you need to do or bring with you before visiting them. NOTE: Take your patient ID card and your state ID to every visit.

Patient and Caregiver ID cards expire every three years. Send in your application to renew 30-90 days before your card expires. Every year, please send in a completed Annual Certification Form at least 30 days before the date listed on your card to continue your enrollment.

If you move to a different mailing address, or if your patient card is lost or stolen, fill out and send in an “Information Change/Card Replacement Form” within 10 business days.
Patients who need extra help can select a Primary Caregiver. Your Primary Caregiver will need to get a national background check, then fill out a separate application and get it signed by your doctor.

Having your patient ID card does not allow you to grow your own medical cannabis. If you want to grow your own medical cannabis, complete the application for a Personal Production License (PPL).

If you applied and were approved for a PPL, you will receive a separate PPL card. PPL’s expire every year and can be renewed by sending in a complete PPL application at least 30 days before the PPL card expires.

Share This Article: